The Pag-IBIG Fund Calamity Loan seeks to provide immediate financial aid to affected Pag-IBIG Fund members in calamity-stricken areas as declared by the Office of the President or the Sangguniang Bayan.
You must have the following to qualify for the loan:
- At least twenty-four (24) monthly membership savings under the Pag-IBIG Regular Savings;
- Active membership, by having at least one (1) monthly membership savings within the last six (6) months prior to the date of loan application;
- If with an existing Pag-IBIG Housing Loan, Multi-Purpose Loan and/or Calamity Loan, the account/s must not be in default; and
- Proof of income.
Qualified members may borrow up to 80% of their total Pag-IBIG Regular Savings, which consist of their monthly contributions, their employer’s contributions, and accumulated dividends earned. If you have an outstanding Multi-Purpose and/or Calamity Loan, the amount of loan you will receive shall be the difference between the 80% of your total Pag-IBIG Regular Savings and the outstanding balance of your loan/s.
This means that the more you save in your Pag-IBIG Regular Savings, the higher loan amount you may apply for via the Calamity Loan.
If you have an outstanding Pag-IBIG Multi-Purpose Loan (MPL), the amount you may borrow shall be the difference between the 80% of your total Pag-IBIG Regular Savings and the outstanding balance of your Pag-IBIG MPL.
You can easily apply for a Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan via the following options:
- Online, via Virtual Pag-IBIG by:
- Uploading your duly accomplished loan application form and requirements*; or
- Completing the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan application online form (for members whose employers are enrolled under the Virtual Pag-IBIG for Employers)**
- Over-the-counter, by submitting your duly accomplished loan application form and requirements through your employer or personally, at the Pag-IBIG Fund branch nearest you.
*available to members with a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus or cashcards issued by any of Pag-IBIG Fund’s partner banks for such purpose.
** available to members with a Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card Plus only
The Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan carries the lowest interest rate in the market of 5.95 percent per annum.
The loan is payable within three years or 36 months with the initial payment due on the 3rd month after the loan release. Members may also opt to pay their loans in two years or 24 months.
If you are an employed member, you may pay your loan amortizations via a salary deduction arrangement with their employer. Should you wish to accelerate or advance your payments, you may do so via Virtual Pag-IBIG, at any Pag-IBIG Fund branch near you, or through any of our accredited collecting partners’ outlets or their online payment channels.
If you are a self-employed individual or an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW), you may pay your loan amortizations via Virtual Pag-IBIG, at any Pag-IBIG Fund branch near you, or through any of our accredited collecting partners’ outlets or their online payment channels.
Eligible members must avail of the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan within a period of ninety (90) days from the declaration of a state of calamity by the Office of the President or the Sangguniang Bayan for their area of residence.
To know more about the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan, you may download Pag-IBIG Fund Circular No. 449, Modified Guidelines on the Pag-IBIG Fund Calamity Loan Program by clicking here.